Sunday, July 15, 2012

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind(Movie)

I can't really describe what I felt while watching the movie. It hooked me though. Since I'm a single mother, I had a lot of things to do while watching the movie but I had to pause what I'm doing to be able to watch the movie without delay.
I didn't find it romantic, which I think is what the director wants. Nothing too close to what I'm going through and since the story is technically not possible, its hard to relate to it. It made me think though that erasing bad memories would be great for a lot of people. But In Joel and Clementine's case, its not really advisable. If this would ever be possible in real life, I think there should be a lot of precautionary measures before this procedure could be done. This procedure shouldn't be too easy to do.


And it made me realize that when your trying to forget someone, bad and good memories come together.You can't erase bad memories without erasing the good memories as well. We should just live life without regrets. Easier said than done, I know.


At the end of the movie, I'm glad they still end up together. Because they're two very different people, I didn't even see a single thing that they have in common yet they fell in love with each other. And its sweet to think that they love each other so much, they're willing to work hard for their relationship to work. Cause when two people have the common likes, same hates and just don't fight, the relationship gets boring. Its a simple reminder that in love, everything is possible.


Jim Carrey is a very good actor by the way. And Kate Winslet, I find her beautiful in this movie, amidst the changing color of her hair.


So here is to end the blog. A quote from the movie that I can very well relate to: " Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours."


Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment